WE’RE THE REAL ESTATE LEADERS.
NO ONE IN THE WORLD SELLS MORE REAL ESTATE THAN RE/MAX.
Who we are
- What began in Denver, Colo., in 1973 as “a pad of paper and a dream” is now a global real estate franchise network that spreads across 39 countries and eight territories, on six continents.
- RE/MAX is the No. 1 real estate organization in Canada and in the United States.
The revolutionary RE/MAX Concept of enabling real estate professionalsRE/MAX to maximize their business potential has evolved into an organization of more than 100,000 Sales Associates in more than 5,000 offices worldwide in more than 50 countries.
RE/MAX Sales Associates
RE/MAX Associates, on average, lead the industry in production, experience, and professional designations.
The RE/MAX Balloon logo
The red, white and blue RE/MAX Balloon, with its “Above the Crowd!®”slogan, is one of the most recognizable business logos in the world. With nearly 90 RE/MAX Hot Air Balloons around the globe, RE/MAX has the world’s largest balloon fleet.
The first RE/MAX region outside the United States and Canada was the Caribbean Basin, opened in 1991. It was followed two years later by RE/MAX of Mexico. In 1995, RE/MAX expanded into Southern Africa, Spain, Israel, Italy,and Germany. Since then, RE/MAX regions have become established in across Europe, in Asia, and in Australia.
Record RE/MAX production
In 1999, RE/MAX Associates were involved in more than 1 million sales transaction sides within a single year in the United States alone – an industry milestone. The audited production figures represent the most transaction sides in a single year ever recorded by any real estate network. The RE/MAX network has repeated the feat ever since.
The RE/MAX Concept
- RE/MAX stands for “real estate maximums.”
- In exchange for paying a management fee and a share of the monthly office overhead, RE/MAX Associates keep the maximum allowed amount of their commissions and receive the many benefits of RE/MAX programs and services.
- By offering Associates maximum commissions and maximum career freedom, RE/MAX influenced competitors to re-examine and adjust their own policies toward sales agents, thus dramatically changing the industry.
- As the network grew, renowned for its top producers and quality service to consumers, so did support programs, making RE/MAX a dynamic force in real estate education and technology.
- The organization was one of the first real estate companies to have its own proprietary television network and one of the first in the industry to develop a site on the World Wide Web.
Committed to real estate service
In a business environment of mergers and acquisitions, RE/MAX is the only major real estate network still owned and directed by its founders.
RE/MAX balloonsRE/MAX commitment to its membership has led to an ever-increasing number of accolades from the business community at large, including selection of RE/MAX as the best in the business. In its annual ranking of top franchises, Entrepreneur magazine named RE/MAX the number one real estate services franchise in 2000. On the consumer front, Worth magazine honored RE/MAX in both 1999 and 2000 with its prestigious “Readers’ Choice” award as the best real estate brokerage.
More than 40 Years Above the Crowd
RE/MAX – now an established industry leader – it celebrated its 30th anniversary at the 2003 RE/MAX International Convention. Young in years but mature in experience, RE/MAX looks ahead to even greater development and success in its next quarter century.
In The Community
Community involvement is highly valued at all levels of the RE/MAX organization. From individual associates to offices, regions, and RE/MAX International, RE/MAX is the sole real estate corporate sponsor for the Children’s Miracle Network and a co-sponsor of the Breast Cancer Survivor Recognition Program. Committed to community involvement, the RE/MAX network serves the public beyond its real estate needs.
The quality and atmosphere of RE/MAX events differentiate us in the industry. Ideas are shared, success is recognized and business-building relationships are cultivated.
Children’s Miracle Network
Since RE/MAX became the Children’s Miracle Network’s exclusive real estate sponsor in 1992, RE/MAX Associates have raised more than $56 million for the charity
With its “RE/MAX: Racing for Life” slogan, 2002 marked the beginning of a partnership with RE/MAX International as a proud co-sponsor of the National Series Breast Cancer Survivor Recognition Program at Komen Race for the Cure® events.
Yard Sale For The Cure
RE/MAX has a long tradition of supporting worthwhile causes. In 2004, the company threw its support behind the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation and programs like Primary Prevention Research and Breast Care and Health in Ontario.
The RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship today is widely recognized as the “Super Bowl” of long driving.
Launched in 1996, Team RE/MAX Racing made RE/MAX the first real estate organization to seek exposure through motor sports.